I think people are funny to watch when they are falling in love. You know, the huge grin they seem to have plastered on their face and the way they seem to look as if they are daydreaming all the time. Don't you remember those moments when you completely embarrassed yourself just trying to impress that person you were falling for?
When love is your driving force you'll Do anything, Say anything and Go anywhere just for the one you love.
I've been thinking a lot recently as we are preparing for a lot of baptisms this coming Sunday about my life as a new christian versus my life now. On Sunday I sat there looking at the baptistry and remembered that it was just a year ago that I watched my dear friend Tresa have her sins washed away and I remember seeing her glow and the huge grin that was on her face. She's probably going to kill me but I dug up a picture and that is what I'm showing you...
Tresa smiled all that day and it was truly evident that she felt the love of God in her heart stronger than before.
I am excited for the dominicans here who have made a decision to follow Christ because I know that in the moment their sins are washed away and they come up out of that water they too will have the grin of someone in love, they too will be ready to do anything, say anything and go anywhere just to share the love of God that they feel with someone else.
This is probably not the way you expected this entry to go after reading the title, but it's true, I am falling in love all over again with Jesus Christ my Savior. When I wake up I know I've been blessed with a new day, when I feel the warmth of the sunshine and I am able to get the laundry done I know its because He blessed me with the strength to do it. When I'm working out and feel that I just can't do it anymore I feel His love giving me the drive to go a little further. When I'm at the church and I'm singing my heart out I imagine my Jesus smiling down on me from heaven and that puts a grin on my face unlike any other.
Everyone has a desire to fall in love at some point in their lives, I just pray that every person will accept the gift of the strongest love in the world... from the God that created you and me.
Since that day in 1995 when I first accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior I must admit I've been on the greatest roller coaster ride of my life. Accepting Jesus means you also except the sometimes hard life that follows, if you don't believe me just read about his disciples who at times starved, were ship wrecked, thrown in jail, hated by people... you name it they experienced it. But what kept them going? A love that never fails, that is patient and true, the love of Jesus. Sure I've had my ups and downs and sometimes I've even had to just spin around for awhile; but following Jesus Was and Is the best decision I will ever make because each and every day I fall more in love with Him and I am willing to Do anything, Say anything and Go anywhere just to share His love with someone else.
My challenge to you is this... are you ready to fall in love? He's been waiting for you all this time. You thought you were running from Him but really he was running beside you the whole time just waiting for you to stop a moment so he could tell you He loves you. He says he doesn't want to harm you, he has a plan for you, to give you hope and a future if you will just seek him... with... All... Your... Heart.(verse for the week)... Sure he wants your mind and your talents too, but first, He wants your Heart. Do you have that silly grin on your face yet? If not, go have a talk with love of all loves, He'll put a smile on your face, guaranteed....
2 comments:
Praise God for that! You are so right about falling in love with Jesus. And it's something I am about to do all over again. I have gotten too comfortable and need to dive deep into the Word and fellowship with Him so that I can regain my strength and fervor!!! Thanks for the devotional, our prayers are with you!
hey thats me!! :) i was just skimmin through blog and imagine the shock when i see my own face staring back at me!
Post a Comment